I want to Get directions, I'm walking
I want to Get directions, I'm driving
FROM THE AIRPORT
For a low cost option for traveling from the airport to Adelaide Backpackers Inn use the public bus.
It takes up to 1 hour to travel and the last bus leaves the airport at 11:10 pm, although buses are infrequent after 6:30 pm.
- Catch a J1, J1A or a J2 bus from the bus parking area on your left as you exit the terminal.
- Alight at stop E3 in Currie Street
Use the Get directions, I'm walking link on your smart phone to help and EITHER (depending upon how heavy your luggage is and how energetic you are!)
- Walk down King William Street to Carrington Street, turn left and the Hostel is about 200 m down on the left side of the road (15 minutes)
- Walk to the tram stop at the corner of King William Street and Pirie Street and catch the free tram to City South stop. Alight from the tram and walk back one street to Carrington Street, turn right and the Hostel is about 200 m down on the left side of the road (about 10 minutes travel plus a bit to wait for the next tram)
OR (if you're bags are really heavy)
- Walk to stop D1 (20m).
- Catch an 840, 841, 842, 960, 861, 863, 864 or 865 bus towards Glen Osmond/Mt Barker (going towards the Hills). Make sure you use the same ticket you used from the airport as it is valid for 2 hours travel.
- Alight at stop I1 on Pulteney Street (Hurtle Square) and walk West (away from the Hills) on Carrington Street about 100m. (About 7 minutes plus a bit to wait for the right bus)
Feel free to ask the bus driver for help, they're pretty much all really nice people.
Go to the Information Counter at the baggage collection area and ask for the next shuttle. Tell the driver you want to go to Adelaide Backpackers Inn (Trevor, Josh, Myra's place) and they'll drop you at the door (30 minutes). They charge $10 for the ride, pay cash on the day. If you want to book ahead of time, go to their website - Northern Flyer.
A taxi will take about 15 minutes and cost between $22 and $27 and 15 to 30 minutes depending upon the traffic.